Last week I got glammed up in the early hours of the morning and made my way down to London for possibly one of the best launches, ever. Not only did I get to see the one and only Mario Dedivanovic (if you don’t know who he is, you only need to scroll down his Instagram to see is makeup skills, influence and expertise in the beauty industry for over 15 years!), who demo’d the brand new L’Oreal Paris Infallible Sculpt range but I also got a little one-2-one session with him too! More on that to come.
First thing is first, the range. L’Oreal Paris being one of the widest ranges, with huge spaces in the drugstores, it has to be my go-to brand when I’m looking for anything new, affordable yet high quality. Especially dupes. This Infallible Sculpt range includes everything from brows to bold lips.
Let’s start from order of application. The L’Oreal Paris Infalible Sculpt Contouring Base is what I like to call the priming foundation, before the sculpting starts. This has got a beautiful texture, finish and light coverage that is created to work like a dream, with the L’Oreal Paris Infallible Sculpt Contouring Palette. Speaking of the palette, it comes in two shades – Light-Medium and Medium-Dark. I personally prefer the shade Light-Medium as it has this beautiful cool tone to it that is very buildable meaning it can work on so many skin tones. The one thing which is so mind-boggling about this is that it is a cream-to-powder finish. We all know how much I love a good cream contour, but it always has to be set to make sure it lasts and stays put all day. But the L’Oreal Paris Infallible Sculpt Contouring Palette saves you time when you want to sculpt your face! I was waiting for so long for someone to come out with a cream to powder finish as it’s definitely something I’d opt for when time isn’t on my side, if you know what I mean!
No contour and highlight is complete without some colour to the cheeks. This is where the Infallible Sculpt Blush comes into play. The three shades, Soft Sand, Soft Rosy & Nude Beige all come with a cheek highlight and two complimenting blush tones. My eyes are always drawn to ‘Soft Sand’ – there’s something about a peach blush which does it for me!
Moving onto eyes we have the Brow Artist Sculpt, False Lash Sculpt Mascara and the Superliner Black N’ Sculpt! If you watch any of my YouTube Videos then you’ll know just how much my lash game has changed since using the False Lash Sculpt mascara. It’s working its way up my list of favourite mascaras! It may just be my favourite ♥
Last but definitely not the least we have the fusion of oil and powder in a matte lip product, the Infallible Matte Max Lip Pen! This is a product which is so incredibly unique. It is long lasting, looks like a matte lip but feels as though you have nothing on. I haven’t quite tried anything like this. My favourites colours include Silencio, Virgin & Opps I Pink It Again – all three are so wearable and the comfort factor just does it for me! I will for sure have to stock up on come colours. Let’s hope L’Oreal Paris introduce some more colours – could you just imagine a dark brown?! *swoon*
Now moving onto Mario. The ultimate makeup GOD! First things first I asked him to be be honest and let me know if my making was nice and if anything needed adding, taking away or changing. His reply? Well, he loved my makeup AND my contour – I DIED! I learnt some very interesting things about him and my favourites are below:
- When it comes to contour, always start of light and build the colour up. It’s easiest that way!
- He LOVES the L’Oreal Paris Dual Ended Sculpt Brush which is also in this collection – hey if it’s good enough for Mario, it’s good enough for me!
- He grew up using all L’Oreal Paris products, as his sweet mum used to work as a cleaner in the NY offices – this was so sweet, definitely something I can relate to!
- His favourite food is anything home cooked by his mum!
- If you struggle doing your eyeliner, simply rest your elbow on a table/something flat and secure. This will add steadyness to your arm and hand allowing you to do your eyeliner easily!
- Mario loves a good filter on Instagram!
- Contouring and sculpting faces is one technique that he will never get bored of!
- If Mr Dedivanovic wasn’t an MUA he wanted to be a teacher! After seeing him teach us how to use these products, you can tell he’s a great teacher!
- Last but not least, he is looking to do another London masterclass this year. TAKE ALL MY MONEY.
Last week was so surreal, meeting one of the biggest make up artists in the world, who has taken the world, his followers and celebrities by storm! He is definitely such a big inspiration to people like my self, aspiring MUAs and all his social media followers that’s for sure. Not only that but starting 2016 with such a bang with such great quality products! Can’t wait to see what’s next in store for L’Oreal Paris this year – who else is excited?!
The L’Oreal Paris Sculpt prices start from £6.99 to £14.99.
Will you be picking up any products from the range?